The competitive technology-driven world of today needs businesses to keep delivering high-quality customer experiences to thrive.
Organizations relentlessly strive to deliver high-quality digital experiences with tighter business alignment at optimized cost & effort. However, superior digital experiences depend on the quality of your product and processes.
While quality and speed may seem antipodal, there’s a practice that can aid in achieving: Business Process Testing (BPT).
Business process testing is a combination of manual and automated testing to solve some of the traditional problems often found in fully automated testing frameworks such as – maintenance issues, poor coordination between manual testers and automation engineers, and inefficient test scripts.
According to Gartner, 80% of applications are not tested properly before being released into production, holding back the quality and effectiveness of such automated processes.
The core idea of business process testing is to test applications and processes in the shortest possible time with minimum resources. This helps businesses release applications sooner than anticipated allowing them to reap better rewards.
It involves systematic steps to confirm that all business rules are properly executed and validates the end-to-end business processes of the enterprise applications.
Considering an array of challenges that manual business process testing pose, automated business process testing offers a refreshing alternative.
Challenges of Manual Business Process Testing:
- Key users don’t have time to extensively test
- Business processes are extremely complex
- Frequent changes bring significant business risks
- Manual testing is time-consuming and costly
- Reusability and maintainability have always been a big issue
Automated Business Process Testing Bridges the Quality Gap
Enterprise applications consist of critical business processes. Manual testing of all these processes proves costly, time-consuming, and inaccurate enough to ensure that critical risks will be solved.
It often happens that despite rigorous manual testing, you find quality gap loopholes where testing coverage and expected results are not aligned. That’s where automated business process testing comes into the picture.
Automated business process testing ensures higher accuracy in addressing loopholes in standard business processes. It improves the overall productivity and efficiency of your standard business processes serving the objective of streamlining end-to-end processes.
BPT is required to detect and mitigate errors in your core end-to-end business processes. Even a small change can bring critical business processes to a standstill. Without a fast and trusted way to detect errors, upgrading enterprise apps or optimizing processes can expose the business to significant risks.
After all, the process automation market was valued at $4.26 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach $18.45 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 23.56% between 2017 and 2023.
In order to have a growing number of happy customers, you need to start focusing on process excellence. Business process automation is a simple and effective way to get started on that path.
TestingWhiz tool helps enterprises reduce risks while accelerating the pace of business process innovation.
Download this Whitepaper: “Create Business Value with Business Driven Test Automation” which will take you through the evolution of test automation and briefly describes how the shift from traditional to business-driven test automation empowers software and QA firms to attain greater business value and maximize ROI.
Implementing Business Process Testing
Business Process Testing works within Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) test environment as a component-based testing framework. It can be used by various personas with varying levels of programming experience, subject matter experts, and business experts. The framework can be implemented as per the enterprise requirements. Here are the steps needed to implement it:
Advantages of Business Process Testing
- Significantly improves process efficiency and business productivity
- Eliminates unnecessary delays associated with test execution
- Reduce the “testing burden” on key users
- Reduces testing costs
- Supports in the planning stage of the design and execution of tests
- Integrates both automated and manual components, hence, providing a single repository for all test cases.
- Easier test maintenance and reusability of test scripts
- Eliminates redundancy of business processes having common steps or elements to be executed
When to Implement Business Process Testing
One of the most important questions that are usually asked is when an organization should feel the need to migrate/start adopting the completely new approach that Business process testing mandates.
Some of the key factors that should help in deciding this are:
- Overlapping of similar business processes: It’s very likely to have a lot of consistencies across different business processes. Reusability – the added advantage of BPT allows us to reuse components for overlapping business processes.
- Automation is a key objective in the project: Using business process automation, automation becomes simple.
- Validating business scenarios: Business process testing allows us to authenticate features and flows of the entire enterprise application when businesses want to focus on validating business scenarios.
In a nutshell, business process testing is an advanced technique that perfectly blends automation and manual testing frameworks. You can achieve a higher level of productivity and quality in your finished software applications with our automation software for business process testing. Get in touch with us to know how business process automation testing can help your organization scale greater heights.